Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pray.... It's Mustard Seed Time, Y'all!


Everything looks dead here. Doesn't it?

I like the words of Herbert H. Booth, founder of the Salvation Army. These words of Booth ap­peared as part of a hymn in the book­let Songs Of The Na­tions, pub­lished for the Sal­va­tion Ar­my In­ter­na­tion­al Con­gress of 1886. Then they were lat­er published in Booth’s 1890 col­lect­ion Songs of Peace and War.
Booth wrote,

Oh, for faith that brings the triumph
When defeat seems strangely near!
Oh, for faith that brings the triumph
Into victory's ringing cheer---
Faith triumphant; knowing not defeat or fear.


The entire hymn, Blessed Lord-In Thee is Refuge appears below:

Blessèd Lord, in Thee is refuge,
Safety for my trembling soul;
Pow’r to lift my head when drooping
’Midst the angry billows’ roll.
I will trust Thee, I will trust Thee, I will trust Thee;
All my life Thou shalt control;
All my life Thou shalt control.

In the past, too, unbelieving,
’Midst the tempest I have been,
And my heart has slowly trusted
What my eyes have never seen.
Blessèd Jesus, blessèd Jesus, blessèd Jesus,
Teach me on Thine arm to lean;
Teach me on Thine arm to lean.

O, for trust that brings the triumph
When defeat seems strangely near;
O, for faith that changes fighting
Into vict’ry’s ringing cheer!
Faith triumphant, faith triumphant, faith triumphant,
Knowing not defeat nor fear;
Knowing not defeat nor fear.

Faith triumphant— blessèd victory!
Every barrier swept away.
Heaven descending, joy and fullness,
Dawn of everlasting day!
Jesus only, Jesus only, Jesus only,
Him to love and Him obey;
Him to love and Him obey. [Based on Psalm 62:7]


Dear Saints,
Death affords the opportunity for RESURRECTION.
It's Mustard Seed Time!

Pray for wisdom about next steps....
God will give Wisdom when asked.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."--James 1:5

"It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption." --1 Corinthians 1:30
Amen!
Pray....
--Livvy McDonald